More locations to serve you better.
This past year has seen a huge shift to online shopping around the world, with groceries, clothes, TVs, and even heavy equipment and trucks now regularly being purchased online.
Ritchie Bros. has been conducting online auctions for close to two decades. Prior to 2020 approximately 70% of items in our auctions were purchased by online buyers. Since we went 100% online back in March 2020, we have seen demand reach unprecedented levels.
We’ve added new tools to make online equipment inspection and buying easier than ever, and still our customers continue to tell us how much they value our physical sites. Buyers want to see the gear in person, to kick the tires and judge for themselves. Sellers want the ease of dropping off their equipment so we can handle customer questions and other issues for them.
So, while this past year and a half has certainly taught us a lot about online marketplaces and new ways to connect with customers, it has also reminded us of the importance of our physical presence. So much so, that we have added 19 new local yards around the world—getting us closer to you, our customers, to serve you better.
Ten New Canada & U.S. Local Yards: Prince George, BC; Brandon, MB; Thunder Bay, ON; Detroit, MI; Lincoln, NE; Pittsburgh, PA; Raleigh-Durham, NC; Spokane, WA; St. Louis, IL; Wasilla, AK
Five New Europe Local Yards: Avignon, FRA; Izeaux, FRA; Cahors, FRA; Leipzig, DEU; Wackersdorf, DEU
Four New Australia Local Yards: Perth, WA; Dubbo, NSW; Adelaide, SA; Mittagong, NSW
Our 19 new local yards are already helping equipment buyers and sellers around the world. Just this week we are holding an online Australian National Auction with equipment stored and available for inspection at six different locations: our local yards in Perth, Dubbo, Adelaide, and Mittagong, as well as our larger facilities in Geelong and Brisbane. Six Ritchie Bros. locations working together to provide Australian customers with the best service and returns possible.
Next month we will have a number of events with equipment stored at local yards, including…
- Southeast Regional Event on September 9 - 10 with equipment in Atlanta, GA; Nashville, TN and Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Chehalis auction on September 10 with equipment in Chehalis, WA & Wasilla, AK
- Northeast Regional Event on September 14 – 16 with equipment in North East, MD; North Franklin, CT; Pittsburgh, PA; and Raleigh-Durham, NC
- Great Plains Regional Event on September 17 with equipment in Kansas City, MO; Minneapolis, MN; Lincoln, NE and St. Louis, IL
- German Regional Event on September 23 – 24 with equipment in Meppen, Wackersdorf, and Leipzig
- Great Lakes Regional Event on September 28 – 29 with equipment in Columbus, OH; Chicago, IL; and Detroit, MI
- France Regional Event on September 28 – 29 with equipment in St. Aubin sur Gaillon, Izeaux, Avignon and Cahors
Customers can also store equipment at one of these 19 new local yards and sell through any weekly online featured auction at IronPlanet.com or our reserved solution Marketplace-E —drop off your equipment and we will take care of the rest.
Create a free account